Sunday, February 5, 2012

Read - 100 Best Novels

How's everyone doing on their reading?  I finished the Uglies series (Uglies, Pretties, and Specials). It was fine - not the best I have ever read, but decent. I'd give it 3 stars out of 5. Maybe I am too far removed from being a teenager to relate to it (although I did enjoy other teen-centric dystopian novels such as The Hunger Games...).


I was checking out this link:http://www.modernlibrary.com/top-100/100-best-novels/ and I thought it might inspire us to look at classics, or at the very least see which ones we've already read and maybe be inspired to read more! (also be sure to click on the Radcliffe's list too: http://www.modernlibrary.com/top-100/radcliffes-rival-100-best-novels-list/ 


A few that I want to read:
Catcher in the Rye
1984
Catch-22
Atlas Shrugged (actually tried to read this once and never was able to finish it)


And some that I have read and can recommend highly:
Lord of the Flies
The Fountainhead
To Kill a Mockingbird
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Fahrenheit 451
Watership Down


How about you guys? Any thoughts? Post in the comments here or on our FACEBOOK GROUP.

No comments:

Post a Comment